Skip to main content

"The Two Lost Mountains" by Matthew Reilly - Review Contributed by Melanie Delaney

This review contains no spoilers or trigger warnings. Thank you so much for contributing your review, Melanie! *smiles* 

-Melanie

FINICKY FYCTION STAR RATING SYSTEM

* Ugh. I just cannot with this book!

** Oy – not a fan. DNF’d before page 50.

*** It’s a good story in general.

**** Great read – highly recommend!

***** OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I WANT TO LIVE IN IT! 

 Another stellar installment by the master of high-octane action-adventure.

*No Spoilers

The Two Lost Mountains is the 6th book in the Jack West series.

The novels are a cross between Indiana Jones and Jason Bourne, complete with ancient treasures and conspiracies all rolled into one.

The scope and grandeur of the settings are phenomenal and the clever way legends, ancient cultures, and buildings are woven together make me sit back and marvel at the level of research it must take to make it all believable.

You need to strap yourself in when you read any Matthew Reilly book, and this one is no exception.

Jack West, Jr. is an Australian ex-SAS solder with a unique skillset that he must employ to save the world – again. The evil, cruel powers that he opposes gather to reach their final goal - and he must unravel the clues to save the world, even though it will cost him dearly.

To get the full understanding of what Jack and his motley crew of friends and family are up against you need to read the rest of the series, but that is no hardship. From the first book - Seven Ancient Wonders - to this newest release, each title is a four or five-star novel.

Do not miss out on joining in the battle of superpowers and the interwoven history of these adventures.

*Be warned! Reilly has the same habit as G.R.R. Martin – he will kill a much-loved character without warning or regret.

It certainly gives the reader a higher stakes feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Discovery Of Witches" by Deborah Harkness

  A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness   Finicky Fyction Book Reviewer Rating: ***/* 3.5 Stars ***/* It’s a good story in general, and there were times when I couldn’t put the book down!   *This review contains no spoilers.     Diana Bishop is a witch.   However, she’s not just your everyday, run-of-the-mill, all-gothed-up and brewing potions type of witch.   If you were traipsing through the corridors of Oxford College in England, Diana Bishop wouldn’t look any different from the faculty, staff, and students going about their day.   And whether Diana likes it or not – and she really does not like i, at first – she is a very different type of witch, indeed.   It isn’t long until Diana finds herself digging into her past, a past that was supposedly buried along with her parents after they were killed in a car crash. This chapter in Diana’s life begins when Ashmole 872 – an ancient text on alchemy, which is said to hold the key to the creation of wit

Why I've DNF'd **2** Books in January

  FINICKY FYCTION STAR RATING SYSTEM * Ugh. I just cannot with this book! ** Oy – not a fan. DNF’d before page 50. *** It’s a good story in general. **** Great read – highly recommend! ***** OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I WANT TO LIVE IN IT!    *sigh*   I hate to start a new post off this way, but I have to be honest. I have two titles that I Did Not Finish (DNF) this month, and I’m quite disappointed that these particular titles were added to that category of my Read books for 2021. What are those two books, you ask? The first is The Lake House by Kate Morton, and the second is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. I’ll try not to be too long-winded, but I also won’t tip-toe around my reasonings for adding these titles to my DNF list. A shared complaint for both works is the amount of factual information that is included within the narratives. Now, don’t get me wrong: I’m totally okay with true facts being included in fiction. HOWEVER, I don’t wa